College Development Council
There shall be a college development council under the Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University for ensuring proper academic planning and integrated development programs of affiliated colleges and to provide the colleges with necessary help and guidance. It shall serve as a vital link among the University Grants Commission, University Colleges and State Education Department.
The College Development Council shall have jurisdiction over all the colleges admitted to the privileges of the University under the Adhiniyam.
Powers and Functions of the College Development Council
The CDC shall have the following powers and shall perform the following functions:-
- Function as a policy making body in regard to proper planning and integrated development of colleges.
- Conduct surveys of all the affiliated colleges with a view to preparing and maintaining an up to date profile on each college under university, reviewing gaps that need to be filled for the development of colleges and make such information available to UGC and other concerned bodies.
- Advise the university on all matters relating to development of affiliated colleges, such as provision of adequate facilities-academic and physical-for raising the standard of learning, teaching and research and its periodic evaluation for enabling the University to maintain reasonable continuity of policy in regard to development of colleges.
- Prepare a perspective plan for the development and opening of new colleges, to enable the University and state education authorities to take long term decisions on the planning and development of colleges and may advise the University on matters relating to different disciplines taught in colleges at different levels of University Education.
- Advise the University in regard to rationalisation and implementation of University policy on affiliation of colleges.
- Keep close contact with the colleges with a view to helping them in their proper development, selection of teachers student amenities, proper utilization of grants and efficient implementation of UGC approved projects and reforms viz, examination reform, courses, COSIP, COHSIP, restructuring of courses to make them more relevant and significant not only to students, but also to the region as a whole by assessing social transformation and regional development.
- Review the facilities for post-graduate departments of college in terms of the norms prescribed by the UGC, and assist those having the potential of coming up to the norms within a few years.
- Help in the selective development of some colleges to remove regional imbalances; and also assist the college to realize their potential and in identification of colleges for autonomous status.
- Ensure that the UGC grants released to University for disbursement to colleges are not held/locked up or utilised by the University for specified purposes according to the guidelines laid down by the commission.
- Obtain from the colleges and furnish to the commission utilisation certificates and completion documents in respect of UGC grants released/disbursed to colleges through the University, and help in monitoring the UGC Programs implemented by the affiliated colleges.
- Ensure close and continued contact and interaction between the academic faculties at the University teaching departments and the colleges.
- Review the inspection reports of the colleges and suggest remedies for the defects and irregularities reported.
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed or as may be deemed necessary by the University for advancing the cause of collegiate education as may be incidental or conductive to the discharge of the above functions.
Prof. A. K. Gupta
College Development Council,
email id :- [email protected]
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University,
Raipur - 492010 (CG)